Read Luke 11:1-13
Focus Verses: 10-13 “Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing-you’re at least decent to your own children. And don’t you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?”
After telling the disciples how to pray (The Lord’s Prayer) Jesus went on to tell them (by way of a story) of the importance of persisting in prayer.
- To continue to ask God for what we need.
- To continue to seek God’s will on every area of our lives.
- To continue to expect God to open doors in our lives.
In the message Bible it says, He says “Don’t bargain with God. Be direct” From this passage of scripture I want to highlight 4 things.
- God is ready and waiting to respond to us. All we need to do is ask, seek and knock
- There are no blank-check promises that God will give us anything we want.
- God promises that our requests for our spiritual welfare will be heard.
- God is always willing to give us spiritual aid when we seek it.
Prayer: Just for today I am going to ask God for what I need. I am going to seek His guidance in every part of my life. And I am going to expect Him to create opportunities for me to grow spiritually.