God said, “Who told you you were naked? Did you eat from that tree
I told you not to eat from?” Genesis 3:11
Adam and Eve broke their relationship with God by:
– becoming convinced their way was better than God’s way.
– becoming self-conscious and hiding from God.
– making up excuses to defend their actions.
To build relationship with God in our recovery we need to:
– stop making excuses for our actions.
– stop trying to hide from God what He already knows about us.
– become convinced that God’s way is better than our way.
I was fortunate last night to go with my wife to see the movie ‘WAR ROOM’ A great movie on the necessity of and the power of ‘PRAYER’ Matthew 6:5 says “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.” Jesus taught the essence if prayer is not public style but private communication with God. There is a place for public prayer. but to pray only where others will notice you indicates your real audience is not God.