IN ORDER TO CHANGE I WILL INVESTIGATE WITH GODS HELP MY SINFUL HABITS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS.
In the process of continued Spiritual growth we must continually review where we currently stand in the process. After praying, reading and listening to the Holy Spirit on Step Four this week five things became evident to me.
Our in inventories need to be
- WRITTEN DOWN back in the 1990’s I learned a lesson from The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitations Centre’s in the USA. It was“People take in more and understand more when they write it down” As a rule people going through the ARC’s were encouraged to take notes in every meeting. And to help them do that the ARC’s produced a handout for every meeting with spaces for note taking. It is the same with ‘Step Four’ Not only does writing our inventory down make us take in more but it also helps us in the process of getting to know ourselves.
- SPECIFIC when we are sick and go to the doctor they don’t treat us without examining us. Our inventories need to describe in detail our issues so we can decide on the right treatment plan the right course to changing our sinful habits, attitudes and behaviours.
- FOCUS ON OUR WRONG HABITS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS in the recovery process of healing we need to focus on (what separates us from God) (what drives my addictive, compulsive habits, attitudes and behaviours) (what personality traits exist in me that God would not approve of)
- BALANCED in establishing balance in our lives we need to consider in step Four ‘what defects exist in me that have led to my wrong perspectives in life? We need to focus on our character strengths and ways we can grow and develop them.
- INDIVIDUAL God in His wisdom created us all in His image as individuals. Regardless of what we may have heard about recovery the only right way to get it I am aware of is through personal relationship with Jesus, through the Holy Spirit and walking the road He has paved for us all.
It is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation. Romans 10:10
CHANGE BEGINS IN THE RECOVERY PROCESS WHEN WE KNOW WHO WE ARE AND CHOOSE TO CHANGE WITH GODS HELP AND SUPPORT