Become What You Believe
During the years I used alcohol and drugs I put so many different substances into my body. I did not care about my body and I didn’t care about how what I did affected anyone else.
On entering a faith-based recovery community I realized I had to consider how I treated myself, and how what I do affects me and affects others.
Three questions I asked myself early in recovery were:
- How has what I have put into my body affected my ling term health?
- How did other people react to how I lived as a result of my abuse of my body?
- What did I intend to do about changing how I treat myself?
Bible Reading: Matthew 9:27-30
Focus Verse: He touched their eyes and said, “Become what you believe.”
- YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN RECOVERY Matthew 9:29
- YOU HAVE TO PURSUE RECOVERY Matthew 9:27
- YOU HAVE TO SHARE RECOVERY Matthew 9:31
2 Peter 2:18
Recovery requires commitment. It requires you to get uncomfortable (to do things you are not used to doing)
After you have been in recovery for a while and you start to feel better, you will be surprised at how simple it is and you will want to tell everyone you know about it. #Cgange #Faith #Care