Tag: Don’t Quit
I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark corner of the earth, Telling you, ‘You’re my servant, serving on my side. I’ve picked you. I haven’t dropped you.’ Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Isaiah 41:9-10
I have watched more people walk away from recovery than have completed it, all because of ‘fear of the unknown.’
We have all heard the saying ‘it’s better the devil you know.’
I want to tell you it isn’t. Recovery is a scary and sometimes thankless process. I want to tell you today, having spent many years in recovery. It is worth it.
Do not quit! The smallest step forward is still a step in the right direction. I heard many years ago the slogan: ‘You only fail when you stop trying’ So just keep moving forward and I promise you – It will get better.
- In what ways has your recovery been worth it?
Prayer: just for today Lord help me today to keep moving forward.
CONTINUE TO PRAY:
Study God and his strength, seek his presence day and night 1 Chronicles 16:11
AVOID DISTRACTIONS THAT LEAD AWAY FROM THE GOAL:
Let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time. we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Galatians 6:9
Rely on the Power of the Holy Spirit :
Prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. Ephesians 6:18
- Consistent prayer and not giving doesn’t need to mean endless repetition or painfully long prayer sessions.
- Constistent prayer means keeping our requests continually before God as we obey Him day by day Believing He will answer.
- Faith, is abouy never giving up. God may mot answewer right away. Bu as we persist in prayer, we grow in character, faith, and hope.
Reading: Genesis 1:26-28
Focus Verse: God created human beings; he created them godlike, Reflecting God’s nature. Genesis 1:27
Why did God create us?
God spoke: “So they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, And, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth.” Genesis 1:26
How are we to do that?
God spoke: “reflecting our nature” Genesis 1:26
The Spirit of God made me what I am, the breath of God Almighty gave me life! Job 33:4
Send out your Spirit and they spring to life. Psalm 104:30
Everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels–everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.
What does the Bible say about the ‘nature of God?‘
To understand the ‘Nature of God’ I belive you need to understand the attributes of His character.
1. GOD IS IN CHARGE and He created us to be in charge (vs 28) says ‘Take charge’ God created us to be leaders and to be examples of right living here on earth.
2. GOD IS HOLY and He created us to be Holy.
God said, “I am holy; you be holy.” 1 Peter 1:16
3. GOD IS EVERYWHERE now as human beings it is impossible for us to be everywhere but it is possible for us to be a God influnecing presence everywhere we go. Jesus said, “Go into the world. Go everywhere and announce the Message of God’s good news to one and all.” Mark 16:15
4. GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING again we as humans can’t know everything but we can learn what we need to know to live as God wants us to throughwalking daily with the Holy Spirit.
The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. John 14:26
5. GOD IS CONSTANT
Let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a
good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Galatians 6:9
6. GOD IS LOVE living lives in the ‘Nature of God’ is not easy. But let me tell you from personal experience it is so worth it.
“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.” John 3:16
2 Corinthians 5:17 says “We look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it!”
Recovery is not easy! If you want it you will need to work at it and you will need to learn to live in the “Nature of God” It will take time (the most important ingredient in recovery and life) There will be times when you get it wrong and want too quit. Please don’t. Always remember Joshua 1:9 “Haven’t I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take.”
Stay with God! Take heart. DON’T QUIT. I’ll say it again: Stay with God. Psalm 27:14
NEVER WALK AWAY FROM SOMEONE WHO DESERVES HELP; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Proverbs 3:27
IF YOU GIVE ENCOURAGING GUIDANCE, BE SURE THAT YOU DON’T GET BOSSY; if you’re put in charge, don’t manipulate; if you’re called to give aid to people in distress, keep your eyes open and be quick to respond; if you work with the disadvantaged, don’t let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face. Romans 12:8
GENTLY ENCOURAGE THE STRAGGLERS, AND REACH OUT FOR THE EXHAUSTED, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. 1 Thessalonians 5:14