Psalms 102:18 Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God.
Journalling in recovery has been an important part of the process in my spiritual growth.
It has helped me:
- Gather my thoughts.
- Provided an outlet to channel my frustrations without affecting others.
- Created a space to understand my deepest, darkest secrets.
- Helped me realize my goals, hopes, and dreams.
- Allowed me to discover my character strengths and weaknesses.
- Made it possible for me to talk about my problems.
- Equipped me to speak with others and in groups.
I have never shared any of his on this blog. Now I believe is the time to do so.
So via this new space on my blog, I hope to make it a reality. We can all talk about recovery. But I believe journaling is much more personal and more about our own feelings than we often share with others.